Sunday, August 17, 2008

Meeting the Amish



On Thursday, my mom, my dad, my son, and myself decided to visit the Town of White Gate, Va. We had seen an article in the local paper about the town and decided we didn't have to go to Pennsylvania to see the Amish. They were just 40 mins down the road. We drove on Route 100 until you can turn to go to Bland and a few miles down the road we were in White Gate. What a blessing it was. We found a nice little Amish store that had awesome veggies and cheese. We visited a fabric store and drove thru their fields of spaghetti sqaush and pumpkins. I only took one picture because I did not want to invade their privacy. It was truly an experience to see them riding in the horse drawn carts and there being no electricity, phones, or cars. My parents loved it and want to go back in October. Ben had fun too. I think he was shocked to see how close the Amish live to us. O another note we did get to see the Bland Correction Farm when we got lost. I hope we never have to see it up too close!!

No comments: